To my delight, website hits and page views have been ever-increasing.
Thanks to each of you for your support (and clicks) as I crowded your Facebook timelines and added yet another thing to the tall e-pile of stuff you must sift through on these overcrowded inter-webs.
Here are links to a smattering of the most popular posts, along with the most overlooked posts, as well as some of funniest, sweetest, and saddest things that turned up in 2011. It's interesting to consider what all this says about me, you, and the bigger world around us. As always, thanks for reading.
Heavy Hitters (highest pageviews)
- Boycott Stores on Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Herman Cain's 9-9-9 Tax Plan for Dummies
- Facts About Jobs - Before and Since Obama
- A 14 Year-Old Boy Is Dead
- Open Letter to Rioting Penn State Students
- Dylan Ratigan's Epic Rant - Anger That Inspires
- True Blood - Perfect Holiday Gift for Grandma
- Jamie Hubley - Another Gay Teen Suicide
- Westboro Baptist Gets Stone Cold Ass-Kicking
Missed Opportunities (lower pageviews but content worth a look, in my opinion)
- How Do I Pepper Spray Peaceful Protesters Without Looking a Bit Douche-y?
- Obama Faces Same Re-Election Hurdles as W
- Phoenix Jones - Superhero, Job Creator
- Thirteen Years Since Matthew Died
- Black Like Toure, and Walt Whitman, and Me
- Deaf Woman Hears Herself for the First Time
- Questions for Tibetan Monks Who Set Themselves on Fire
- Afghanistan - Still Unwinnable After All These Years
Feelingest (smiles, tears, and fists of rage)
- Top 10 YouTube Videos of the Year (you MUST see the uber-disappointed dog at least)
- Oh My God! Trampoline
- Top 10 Things Herman Cain Needs From Secret Service / Top 5 Herman Cain Quotes and Rebuttals
- SNL's Someone Like You Skit
- Turn of Phrase - Lessons from the Mother of a Gay Six Year-Old
- iPhone 4S and the Gospel According to Apple
- Follow-Up on Jamey - The Bullying Continues