Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Myers-Briggs Personality Types Disclosed

When I originally completed the Myers-Briggs "type indicator," my personality fell into the ESTJ bucket.

According to the graphic above, as an ESTJ (top left) I am a natural-born supervisor in the tradition of such legendary administrative types as Queen Elizabeth I and Joseph Stalin.

As an ESTJ (Extrovert-Sensing-Thinking-Judging), I am energized by my interactions with humans (and golden retrievers), I like concrete data (like the indisputable facts you find in Facebook and Twitter updates), I make decisions based on logic (unless I'm pissed), and I am miserable when situations are unresolved (you should be too).

Not so fast though! Based on exhaustive research just published online at McSweeney's, there are 11 new personality types. I'm certain that if I took the test again today, I would be re-classed as WDDD.

McSweeney's Additional Myers-Briggs Personality Types
  • Unfeeling Uncaring Judging Screaming (UUJS)
  • Lurking Touching Hurting Regretting (LTHR)
  • Lying Denying Confessing Lying (LDCL)
  • Smoking Dancing Laughing Fucking (SDLF)
  • Moping Whining Crying Leaping (MWCL)
  • Loving Buying Owing Impoverishing (LBOI)
  • Hating Marrying Abusing Divorcing (HMAD)
  • Running Swimming Boxing Fencing (RSBF)
  • Writing Drinking Drinking Drinking (WDDD)
  • Opening Sniffing Tasting Questioning (OSTQ)
  • Eating Sleeping Videogame Playing (ESVP)

I'd love to hear if anyone else is questioning their original Myers-Briggs type in light of these new classifications, or if perhaps, you think they may have left something off the list. (Anyone else out there think they might be an ABCD - Angsting Bitching Complaining Delaying?)

2 comments:

  1. Well, that chart you used is a bit ... unorthodox. Stalin is mostly typed ENTJ, THatcher ESTJ. Gates is probaly an ENTP, although ENTJ is not that uncommon or far fetched. Lenin is overwhelmingly perceived as an INTJ and ENFJ is quite absurd. And while Elizabeth I is not typed very often, she does seem more N than S. So yeah, that chart is quite bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say..while in "serious mode" looking for a good personality type chart to reference, I come across your page. It was a breath of fresh air..I'm still laughing...Thanks

    ReplyDelete