Friday, August 24, 2012

Top Tweets - Lance Armstrong Calls It Quits

I can't pretend to know the truth about the doping accusations against 7-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong.

According to the US Anti-Doping Agency, the evidence against Armstrong is overwhelming, and the cyclist is giving up the fight against the allegations to avoid the awful embarrassment of the truth.

In a statement released by Armstrong, he characterizes the entire USADA investigation as an unfair witch hunt, and says he will no longer fight the charges because "enough is enough."

When I can't decide where the truth lies in a public dispute such as this, I do the only thing I can. I turn to Twitter for perspective. And, jokes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you spend a lot of time trolling for these? Priceless!!

    JennyW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - You would be surprised at how quickly you can round up a dozen really funny Tweets. I mean, er, yes, I spend hours on this type of "research."

    ReplyDelete