Friday, October 14, 2011

Cuckoo's Nest Sells for $9,000

Despite the invasion of the e-Reader, bricks and mortar bookstores are not dead yet. No doubt, printed tomes are becoming less popular, but many of us still appreciate the feel of a book in our hands.

As fewer hardcover and paperback books are sold, fewer will be printed in the first place and physical books will become more valuable as collectibles.

One recent example - last week, online bookseller ABE books sold a signed copy of Ken Kesey's classic One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for $9,000. 

Former Borders friends - consider your opportunities ringing this sale up:
  • Will you be using your Rewards card? For a $20 investment, you could save $900 on your purchase today.
  • Did you need the Cliff's Notes to go with your book?
  • You know we also have this on Blu-Ray DVD if you would prefer a state of the art version?
  • Bag of coffee? Donate a book to a needy child? 
  • Will you need a gift receipt or are you reading this one yourself?

and of course....
  • Would you like a bag for your $9,000 book?

4 comments:

  1. I would have probably killed a co-worker if this had come over the buy counter at my former place of employment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homicide seems a bit extreme - you must be a big Ken Kesey fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeff, do you have a Kindle or Nook? I do not but sometimes use the reader apps on my phone if I am somewhere waiting and bored. I still like the feel of books and am not a fast reader on trips. Now Barbara loves her Kindle for travel as she is a fast reader and now can avoid packing 6 or more books for a trip. She also cannot sleep on planes and I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay - I have an iPad and I do read e-books on it, but I find that there are still some books I want to own in print. Mostly, the print books would be non-fiction titles or novels by authors I really like. My e-books tend to be the more casual/junky fiction.

    ReplyDelete