Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gathering And Giving

Posted By: Timothy Juhl

It is just about 45 hours before we all sit down to our Thanksgiving dinners and indulge in turkey and dressing and gravy.  Lots and lots of gravy.

It is a day when we gather with family and friends, and when you sit down to that meal, make sure you remember all those you love and those who are no longer here to share in giving thanks.  This will be my second holiday season since my partner, Jeff, died and I can finally smile when I think of his peculiar bent for jellied cranberry sauce, for 20 years, he had to bring his own can to my mother's because no one in my family ever liked cranberry sauce.  It was his own little tradition.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of my friends, both old and new, for supporting me in all my sorrows, my triumphs and my flights of fancy.  And I want to thank, Jeff McKown, for trusting me with his blog and giving me the opportunity to express my opinions, my tastes, and my humor.

And don't think this will be the last time I post something here.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Openly & open-heartedly sharing your sentiments is such generous act. Thank you. I’m also facing the holidays after the loss of my partner. It’s those lovely little memories, isn’t it? Wishing you peace & love through the holidays. I’ll look forward to reading you in future TWTT blog posts!

    ReplyDelete