Friday, September 7, 2012

Gabby Giffords - What Real Heroes Do

In January 2011, six people were killed and U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords (D-AZ) was severely wounded in a mass shooting at a Tucson area supermarket.

After being shot in the head at point blank range, Giffords "had part of her skull and brain removed, underwent intensive reconstructive surgery, and lost the full use of the right side of her body and half of her vision." (Salon.com)

 This is what Representative Giffords did last night.

2 comments:

  1. I respect Congresswoman Gifford. I do wonder though why any person that obtains a title in government seems to retain that title for life. Any answers. We have a "mayor" that retired, or should I be truthful & say booted out of office many years ago, but is still addressed as "mayor." Beats me. I am retired with a prestigious title, yet me nor any of my colleagues are called by our former titles of "Captain," and I think it would be foolish to do so.

    Back to Ms. Gifford. Her recovery is amazing and she is obviously someone that wants to live. I thank GOD for that and her survival from an terrible assault on her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wager the title retention thing is a throwback to our monarchic/UK roots or something similar, but I don't know for sure. Seems like the Brits are crazy for honorary titles (Duke of, Prince of, Her Royal Highness, Lord/Lady, etc.). Any Brits have any thoughts on this?

    Sorry I don't have a definitive answer. Nonetheless, I appreciate the comment Captain Anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete