Friday, November 11, 2011

Turn Up the Sound - Quiet Times with Wilco

Wilco
I was reading and writing this afternoon and simultanesouly looking for a musical piece to wrap up the blogging week.

I happened on this Wilco tune, One Sunday Morning, that had been featured recently on NPR. I've always wanted to be a bigger Wilco fan than I am, so I decided to give the track a listen.

I was a little leery at first because of its above average play time, but I clicked the button anyway, and with One Sunday Morning playing in the background, I went about my business of reading internet news. Twelve minutes later, I decided to count myself officially as a Wilco fan.

One Sunday Morning is quiet and intimate and satisfying. It's acoustic guitar and piano, a simple but beautiful melody, and a soft whispery vocal that fits the song like the last piece of a puzzle.

I'm glad I found One Sunday Morning by Wilco, and I think you might be too. Turn up the sound, and give it a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment