Thursday, November 24, 2011

Muppets Steal Jason Segel's SNL Monologue

Jason Segel, Miss Piggy, and Kermit on SNL

SNL monologues are hit or miss, but you can't go wrong when you mix sweetly funny Jason Segel with some of your favorite Muppets and a clever piano ditty. It's also particularly enjoyable to see the Muppets perform when they are in an "adult" venue like Saturday Night Live, where they can push their humor a little further toward the grown-up end of the spectrum.

Here's your Hulu video link, and my apologies for the 15 second commercial you have to watch. (I guess we can only get so much for free on the internet.)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see that but will have to watch it later.I took the big kids (6 and 10) to see The Muppets on Saturday, and we all loved it (as did our companions, another 6-year-old and his parents).

    Did you know that the Muppets and Saturday Night Live go waaaay back? There were "grownup" Muppets featured as recurring characters on the first season of SNL. (Useless trivia, I know. You'd want me on your Trivial Pursuit team, though. LOL)

    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_of_Gorch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - I'd have you on my Trivial Pursuit team any day! On the Hulu clip I linked in the article above they actually show a brief shot of Gilda Radner and a giant muppet. Brings back memories from my wee childhood.

    ReplyDelete