Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Giant Companies Paid No Taxes - Should We Burn Something Down?

Like most people I am shocked and dismayed by today's report that thirty of the nation's largest companies paid no income tax for the last three years. This news is aggravating and at the same time fascinating, especially when juxtaposed against recently announced tax reform plans from Herman Cain and Rick Perry, both of whom claim our corporate tax rates are so amazingly high that they are killing job creation. 

It's hard to know what to do with the kind of anger I feel, but I'm growing more certain that the Occupy Movement, as it stands now, might not meet my needs.



Should I camp out in a public park in downtown San Francisco? 
Nah, it's rainy out, and besides, I'm not so clever with the sign-making.





Should I head over to join the protest at the port in Oakland? 
Honestly, my graffiti skills are rusty and lighting shit on fire is not my style. 





Maybe I'll just publish this ridiculous news about corporate tax rates in a snarky blog post? 
Doesn't make me seem too cool, but it seems reasonable. Just not sure it will matter....



...Then again, I'm still not sure the Occupy Movement will make much difference either.


No comments:

Post a Comment