Monday, October 24, 2011

Turn Up the Sound - Ben Williams on Bass

Ben Williams, Jazz Bass Player
A few months ago I published a blog post entitled My Blog Kicks NPR's Wimpy Ass. While still ultimately true (I would sucker punch those little bitch radio stations), I have to admit that this wicked cool jazz clip from NPR Music's "Tiny Desk Concerts" blew me away.

Ben Williams first saw an upright bass in the office of Representative John Conyers (D - Michigan) when he was six years-old. The rest, as they say, is history.

Check out this impromptu performance by Ben Williams and his band.  Both songs they performed for NPR are deliciously smooth and oh-so-sweet. This kind of jazz makes me want to hang out in a dark corner of a smoky lounge, drinking straight bourbon from a dirty highball glass (although, sitting in a swivel office chair at my writing desk and listening through my headphones - drinking vodka and grapefruit from a milk glass - worked out just fine). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment